Monday, April 9, 2012

Western Meadowlark (Sturnella neglecta)

Western Meadowlark (Sturnella neglecta)

Western Meadowlark (Sturnella neglecta)
These western meadowlarks were seen on two separate occasions, once on March 31st, 2012 in the morning, and once on April 7th, 2012 in the morning. They were both spotted at Bobcat Ridge in Colorado. I have taken to using a Swarovski scope and my iPhone to take pictures of birds at a distance (lending to the less crisp look of these photos). I like the way I can snap up close pictures from far away, using what I already have. The only tricky part is positioning the iPhone camera lens at just the right distance to take a clear picture. I then crop the photos and place a filter in them using the Instagram app. Back to the meadowlark. The most distinguishing feature of the western meadowlark is its call, which you can listen to here. You can also read more about this bird here. You can learn about scopes here, and more about Instagram here.

No comments:

Post a Comment